Medical Compression Therapy, Compreflex and Juxta-Fit
Compression stockings prevent swelling. Designed to be worn all day long: they provide comfort while offering medical grade compression therapy. Compression stockings promote circulation by assisting the venous system to reduce swelling. Compression therapy helps to reduce conditions associated with poor circulation such as ulcers, DVT's and varicosities.
There are several classifications of medical compression which are determined by a medical doctor. Each classification has specific characteristics to which the compression levels suits the situation.
Non Prescription Medical Compression:
- Heavy, Fatigued, tired legs
- Prophylaxis during pregnancy
- Prophylaxis for legs pre-disposed to risk
- Long hours of standing or sitting
Prescription Required Medical Compression:
- Heavy, fatigued, tired and aching legs
- Mild varicosities during pregnancy
- Mild varicosities with minimal edema
-Minimal edema in upper extremities
-Post-sclerotherapy of small veins.
- Moderate to sever varicosities with mild edema during pregnancy
- Moderate varicosities with mild to moderate edema
- Post fracture, post traumatic edema
- After sclerotherapy or phlebectomy of larger veins or after vein stripping to maintain treatment success.
- Primary venous ulcer treatment
- Superficial phlebitis
-Chronic Venus Insufficiency
- DVT after completion of basic treatment to prevent or manage manifestations of Post Thrombotic Syndrome
- Mild primary lymphedema after decongestant therapy to maintain reduction, secondary lymphedema or moderate edema of the upper extremities
- Severe Varicosities
- Severe Edema
- Primary and reversible lymphedema after decongestant therapy for reduction maintenance
- Chronic Venus Insufficiency
- Severe Post Traumatic and Post fracture edema
- Recurrent venous ulceration
- Severe Post Thrombotic Syndrome
- Primary lymphedema after decongestant therapy for reduction maintenance
- Severe Post Thrombotic Syndrome
The Compreflex wraps are a new line of compression garments put out by Sigvaris. They offer a gradient compression from 20-30mmhg, 30-40mmhg, 40-50mmhg and uses a breathable textile stretch panel for easy application. A 30-40mmhg Compreboot can also be used for added foot and ankle compression. Available in calf high, thigh high and with or without the foot piece.
This product is best suited with various forms of edema, obesity, fragile skin, limited mobility or grip strength, donning challenges and adherence issues.
Juxtafit Essentials is a line of easy, cost effective ready-to-wear compression leggings for the treatment of lymphedema. Easy to put on and take off, the JuxtaFit Essentials line offers an expanded size range to include 8 sizes with 3 full calf options. Utilizing a comfortable and breathable design, these leggings also feature the same Juxtafit Premium benefits and anti-odor treatments.
Compression Stocking Gloves
Specifically designed rubber gloves assist in protecting and applying compression stockings. A ribbed design on the hand of the glove helps to massage the stocking up the leg and grip the material to assure proper placement. They also help to protect the sock from finger nails, rings and the possibility of the sock getting damaged.
*Latex free available*
We have various stocking applicators in store that assist with applying stockings to the legs.
IT Stays Stocking Adhesive
This product can be useful for people having issues with their stockings rolling. It is a stocking adhesive glue that is applied to the skin and helps to keep the stockings up.
Please note that we measure for any compression garment first thing in the morning as close to our opening time as possible due to the possibility of swelling.